It is a universal law and many of us are aware of the fact that no single E-commerce platform can match well to all business’ needs. Each business is different from the other and at the same time each platform has got its own set of advantages. In fact, many of the store owners always remain confused while selecting the best suitable E-commerce platform as there are diverse and compelling service providers contending against each other for top-tier position. Just in case, if you are one of the store owners and want to design an E-commerce site that remains secure & flexible, a PHP-based open-source CMS platform can be your ideal selection. That’s right, we are talking about Magento. By choosing the right Magento development company that can provide top-quality ecommerce solutions to match your business requirements.
Magento is generally referred as a flexible platform as it allows you an easy creation of online stores with a different variety of functions while utilizing pre-made extensions or using your own coding skills. In fact, this is one of the critical advantages of a platform like Magento. Adding to this, the other key reasons for its growing popularity include its periodical updation to compete with other platforms such as Shopify. For e.g., lately in the year 2015 the Magento team upgraded its older version to Magento 2.x which is way more powerful and effective.
Magento 2.x came up with a remarkable architecture changes in order to enhance customer experience while browsing and also refine the order management module for merchant. Many of the Magento users have started to feel more inquisitive about migrating to version 2. However, the typical questions remain the same- what new Magento 2.x has got which makes it superior in comparison to older version? and why it is ideal for your e-commerce store? Magento 2.x has been unified with many unique changes. So let’s figure out what Magento 2.x has got and how it can improve your e-commerce store?
1) Framework Involved:- The good news is that Magento has cautiously tuned the new platform, as per the recommendations and feedback shared by many users. In fact, the new M2 framework is primarily based upon reliable technologies that include the following important requirements:
• The major code has been done to overcome all unwanted mess in the system
• Enhancement of the Major Data Grid
• Users have now got the facility to enable/disable modules for Magento application
• Effective competency to HHVM and PHP 7
• Modernised technology stack featured with default HTML5/CS3 setup and PHP 5
2) Architecture Changes:- E-commerce store owners are just going to love the new structure which has been applied with some layout elements. Magento 2.x is now integrated with a user-friendly backend UI and you can get a superb elevation in the performance of your E-commerce store. Furthermore, the addition of new plugins is going to facilitate you with a code to overlap core code without any requirement of overriding it again. You must be familiar with the usage of class files that were always considered too critical to Magento 1.x platform and it was difficult to determine the first functionality, Magento 2.x has resolved this issue by abstracting out the dependences of a class. Prototypes have been detached in the new version of Magento and are now in favor of JQuery.
3) Performance & Speed:- Magento 2.x is considered superior to Magento 1.x and has utilized cases which enable a quicker response time and faster checkout procedure for speedier delivery. You can also improve the performance of all backend activities using growing database flexibility. The new Magento 2.x has added full page caching in both the Enterprise & Community editions. Thus, you don’t have to worry about the old speed issues of Magento 1.x.
4) Security Scan:- In Magento 2.x, you have the free Security Scan feature that allows you to monitor the site regularly. It also cross checks the updates for any malware. You can also check the security risk and unauthorized access. This new platform is also integrated with commanding active security features very similar to hashing algorithm (SHA-256) that provides a complete security to the dictionary type of attacks.
Apart from all these, some of the major updates and features added in Magento 2.x are:
• New Admin Security
• Drag and Drop Layout with Responsive Dashboard
• Modernised Approach to Common Admin Task
• Customizable Data Grids
• Enhanced Checkout
• New and Improved Payment Methods
• Easy Front-end Development
• Admin Menu System Grouped by Function
• Touch-friendly Navigation in Admin
• Modern Admin Interface
• Effective Integration with Google Tools
Out of all the advantages, the most influential feature of Magento 2.x is the internationalization. In fact, the stunning function of Magento 2.x allows you to go beyond the national limits. Magento 2.x has made the E-commerce development more comfortable as it supports other languages along with multiple currency options.
6) Receptive Design
As we are living in an age of mobile technology, the customers favor purchasing stuff online through their mobile phones/tablets. Consequently, it has become more critical to have a website that is mobile friendly. With Magento 2.x, you can get a responsive design layout and allow your customers to gain an easy access to your eStore via any platform.
In the current scenario, an online business has become very challenging. All the features explained above in addition to excellent shopping experience are the factors that you can achieve by opting to Magento2. While Magento 1.x is an eCommerce platform, Magento 2.x is a complete eCommerce platform + framework, which gaining competence to improve a web store in every aspect.
Undoubtedly, it has been a fantastic journey since Magento 2.x has been released and today a myriad of new customers are moving towards it. All credit goes to the various development and acquisitions. If you are also planning to build a Magento powered eStore or wish to shift from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.x you can simply take help from a top Magento development company. Magento has proved its aptitude to the innovator, which further makes the platform an ideal choice for SMEs as well as large E-commerce businesses.