The IMO 2019 exam will be held at 500 centers across the globe. The Level I Exam will be held on 5th & 17th December 2019. You can find details of all the important information related to the IMO in this article.
The International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) is an entrance exam conducted to identify and encourage mathematics talent and creativity in students in different schools across India and abroad. Conducted every year by the Science Olympiad Foundation, the IMO 2019 will be held at 500 centers across the globe.
This article gives details of all the important information related to the admission procedure for the IMO.
IMO 2019 Exam Date 2019
The Level I Exam will be held on 5th & 17th December 2019.
Level II will be held on 2nd/3rd Sunday of February 2020.
IMO 2019 Application Form
• For the admission, those studying in class 1st to class 12th are eligible to apply.
• It is important for the applicant to register himself on the official website of the university.
• Take the help of elders while filling the registration form.
• Check the information booklet which was received from the school before registering. The information booklet will contain all the details of the admission procedure.
• The official authority of the International Mathematics Olympiad will provide the registration form along with the information booklet to the respective participating schools for the reference of the applicants.
• Applicants are instructed to collect the registration form along with the information booklet from their respective school.
• The schools coordinating teacher will provide roll numbers to the eligible applicants after the completion of the registration process.
• Pay the registration fee after filing the registration form.
The application fee is Rs125 per student for students from India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal. No fee is payable for disabled students or students whose parent was martyred during defense operations.
IMO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Only those applicants who are studying in class I to XII are eligible to apply.
IMO 2019 Question Paper Details
The question paper pattern is as follows:
• The question paper consists of objective questions.
• Applicants will get 60 minutes to solve the paper.
• For those studying in class I to IV, 35 questions will be asked.
• Those studying in class V to XII will need to answer 50 questions.
The question paper consists of the following sections:
• Section I: Logical Reasoning
• Section II: Mathematics Reasoning
• Section III: Everyday Mathematics
• Section IV: Achievers Section
The question paper will be in English language
IMO 2019 Admit Card
Applicants can download the admit card from the official website www.sofworld.org. The admit card will carry details of the exam venue and time. Applicant must paste his color passport photo on both the copies of the admit card and get them attested by the school authority.
Applicants must reach the exam center 30 minutes before the commencement of the exams.
IMO 2019 Result
• The results will be provided to the head of the respective schools.
• The results will also be updated on the site www.sofworld.org.
• Applicants can check the results and download the same from the website.