Undeniably, Python is one of the most popular programming languages of today. In the past several years, Python has emerged as a major tool behind data science, machine learning, infrastructure development, system automation, software development, and so forth.
Owing to the fact that it’s easy to understand and straightforwardly simple, Python is now the ultimate choice of both developers and businesses alike. If you are recently looking to hire Python developers, it would be beneficial to have a little understanding of Python skills before you actually pick someone for your python web development project. Doing so will allow you to choose the best Python programmer, who can actually make the difference your business deserves. Discussed below are three proven tips to hire Python developers:
1. Skills You Should Look For In a Python Developer: Besides possessing the basic skills like the ability to assess and solve problems, create algorithms, and coding, a Python developer should have the expertise and practical knowledge of the following:
- Python syntax and semantics
- Python frameworks – Pyramid, Flask, Django, etc.
- Basic concepts of Python
- Server-side template languages
- Platform-dependent data optimization (mobile or desktop)
- Object Relational Mapper
- Unit testing and debugging
- Python multi-process architecture and threading limitations
- Developing Python applications
- Integration of RESTful API and other databases
- System Administration
- Operating Systems –Windows, Chrome, Ubuntu, Linux, iOS, Android, etc.
2. Best Ways to Hire Python Developers: The three most common ways to hire Python developers include a freelance developer, in-house hire, and an offshore Python development company. What you will finally decide, will depend on the below five factors:
- Your budget for this role
- How early you want to hire Python developers
- Whether you have the time and ability to test, assess, and interview potential candidates
- Important factors like consistency and quality with respect to your project
- Your willingness and capability to lead and manage a python web development project
- In-House & Freelance Python Developers: These two work best when you have the keenness and experience in hiring Python programmers. Both in-house hires and freelancers do offer some advantages, but there are some limitations to these two types. Along the course of your project, you may additionally need help from a quality assurance specialist, a project manager and other professionals for the successful completion of your project.
One more possible downside of hiring a freelance remote python developer is that they might not be available all the time for regular maintenance due to their other commitments. Simply put, it is likely that in case a glitch occurs, you may be required to hire a different professional to fix it.
- Python Development Companies: While freelance Python developers may appear to be a budget-friendly option, it doesn’t warrant the best value for the dollar spent in relation to running a smooth project. An offshore development outsourcing agency maybe a little heavier on the pocket at the outset of the project, but the quality of service will surely cost you less in the long-run.
Unlike freelance or in-house developers, you get a pool of talent with each professional being skilled in a specific area, like project management, designing, quality assurance, and more, when you partner with an offshore development company. Moreover, remote python developers at these companies keep themselves abreast of the latest technology trends, necessary to give you advanced solutions to your project-specific problems.
These offshore agencies further guarantee smoother and structured workflow that requires minimum supervision from the client’s end. An, you can always expect reliability, better quality control measures, and higher standards with respect to overall operations of the project.
3. Screening and Technical Interview: It is obvious that assessing candidates’ skills and expertise solely on the basis of their resumes is tough. For this reason, IT recruiters often rely on interviews and tests to check a candidate’s knowledge and experience.
It’s recommended to prepare interview questions on the basis of the role in focus, their work experience, practical knowledge, and their work-related achievements in the past roles. Also, never hesitate in extending your inquiries to decision-making, project management, and communication skills.
A computer-based coding test is another critical step to assessing a candidate’s capabilities. Many companies prefer shortlisting candidates initially on the basis of Python coding test and then follow the interview part.
Hope, the points above will ease your journey of hiring Python developers, so that you make the most of your time and money with respect to the successful running of your python web development project.