To activate Roku streaming gadget, first ensure that it is successfully paired up with your Roku account. It’s in your Roku account, that which version of Roku streaming device you owned, what are the channels installed on your Roku, your preferences and the settings.
Let us first discuss the prerequisites for the activation of your Roku Gadget:
The very first basic requirement is the valid email address that is associated with your Roku account. This is required for receiving important account notifications and managing your account as per your preference.
Next thing is to set a secure password to your Roku account to ensure that no one except you can get access to your account.
- Roku account is a free account and you don’t have to pay anything for it.
- The Roku.com link activation is also free of Charge; however, you must have the compatible activation and network security settings.
- For activating your Roku device, you must ensure that it is properly set up. A guided setup guide is given below for your reference.
Setup steps for Roku Streaming Player
The first step of the setup is to connect the player with the HDMI port of your TV set. Then you have to choose the correct HDMI input on your TV screen.
- Further, you have to choose a language. This language will be set as the default language and the further – all text and dialog within in the application will appear in this default language.
- For choosing a different language uses the scroll up and down button of your Roku remote and once you’re on the preferred language press the “Ok” button.
- Next step is to connect the gadget to the internet. You will be prompted to choose a wireless network to pair up with your gadget. A list of available Wi-Fi network will appear on your screen.
- Tap on the network, to which you wish to connect your ROKU and then you will be asked for the password of that network. While typing in your password, select “show password”. This will prevent you committing any mistake while entering the password.
- Wait for the time, while the Roku download the latest OS software. Once done, reboot the gadget.
Next thing is to choose the display type under the settings. Once you are done with this, you can proceed for the device activation.
Activating the Roku Device
These are the steps that you have to execute for activating your Roku device:
- Go through the quick start guide that came along with your gadget. Connect the Roku to the Internet via implementing the on-screen instructions. Once the connection is made, the Roku device will now download the latest OS version.
- Further, it will display a code on the screen; this code is the Roku Link code or the Roku activation code.
- Note it somewhere, and use your laptop or computer to go to roku.com/link on the computer or the mobile device. Avoid typos to get navigated to the official Roku site.
- Once you are on the website, you will have to enter the Roku Link Code in the prompted box and then tap “submit”.
Tip: if you stuck in between somewhere, restart your gadget or consult the Roku Help experts.
- Use your existing Roku account credentials, or create a new one. If you a novice, you will be asked to select a payment method. This is used for paid subscriptions or to rent the content like movies or watching TNT on Roku, Netflix and other paid subscriptions. Setting up a payment method will not charge anything to you, it’s the purchase of the content that would affect your credit.
- With this step, you will get a confirmation message on your screen that your device is now activated and is ready to use.
So that’s how you set up Roku and activate your gadget. However, some steps may seem tricky, but with the help of this guide, you won’t get any trouble in activating your gadget.