McAfee Security Center is a security suite that is one in a million as it offers power and threat intelligence to a number of McAfee users. It helps McAfee customers to scan, detect, identify, remove, and restrict the harmful threats from entering your PC. It comprises of a two-way firewall that restricts dangerous downloads and alerts you of public network interruption so that you can stay alert when unwanted people try to steal your password.
McAfee Security Center also consists of Parental Controls and Web Safety tools that help to keep the entire family safe while they are busy in their digital lives. With its automated backup feature, McAfee Security Center makes it easy to safeguard your important data such as- photos, music, videos, and files. Regardless of its noteworthy services, it sometimes stops responding. To get help with other issues related to MacAfee Antivirus visit McAfee.com/Activate.
The causes behind McAfee Security Center not responding issue
• There may be a problem with your device’s Operating System.
• When you run unregistered files or components on your system.
• When the system components depend on one another to provide system functionality.
• The unregistered components fail to function properly resulting in the McAfee Security Center not responding issue.
After learning about the probable causes, you are ready to find and apply the best solution for your suite.
Workaround to fix the problem
In case you see a blank screen on running McAfee Security Center, follow the method given below to download and run the correct script.
1. Save all the files you are currently working on because the script might prompt you to restart your device.
2. Download the mcscriptfix.zip file and save it on your desktop.
3. Unzip the file and right click on it.
4. Tap on “Run as Administrator”.
5. Tap “Yes” if prompted in a User Account Control box.
6. Now, press any key when prompted to continue with the process.
7. Restart your computer after closing the program.
8. Check if the problem has resolved or not.
If the problem has still not resolved, there is one more solution to download and run the McAfee pre-installed tool. The solution is as follows:
1. Download the “Pre-Install Tool” file and save it on your system.
2. Double click on the file and follow the prompts that appear on your screen.
3. Read and click “OK” to agree when the warning message appears.
4. After the completion of the process, click “OK”.
5. Now, close the program and restart your computer.
6. Verify that your McAfee product has started to function as expected or not.
If you still face the problem, chances are that the actual problem lies with your Operating system and not with the McAfee Security Center. The solutions will prove to be helpful only if the problem lies with the part of your McAfee software. Try to upgrade to the latest version of the Security suite as well as the Operating system or contact the McAfee customer support in case you are seeking further assistance.