Rand McNally Dock is an application developed to assist the management of its GPS devices. Also, it is free of cost desktop application. Therefore, it is a medium which helps the effective functioning of its GPS devices from a single location. Above all, it has user-friendly you can use the user guide for your device.
Another it was used for updating software and maps; for searching, refreshing, and overseeing gadgets, etc. The Rand McNally Dock is a desktop software application which is free of cost and user-friendly. Also, the Rand McNally Dock is available for all the users of Rand McNally GPS based products and services.
System Requirement for Rand McNally Dock
The users need to fulfill the minimum system requirement to use the Rand McNally Dock. Also, it works well with most of the version of Windows and Mac operating system. Make sure that you must meet the minimum system requirements before doing the setup.
- Operating System:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (Windows Net framework 3.5 or higher).
- Intel-based Mac OS X 10.5 and higher (El Capitan with XQuartz version 2.7.8)
- Supported Web Browsers:
- Internet Explorer 7 and higher.
- Safari 4 and higher.
- Chrome 4 and higher.
- Firefox 3 and higher.
- Opera 10 and higher.
- Hard Disk Space:
- A minimum disk space of 8 GB.
Download Rand McNally Dock
- First of all, you need to connect the device to your computer.
- Therefore, by using the UPS cable in the box, plug-in your GPS device to the system.
- On your system, you can see the browser icon like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
- As a result, to open the internet browser click on the browser icon.
- Type – www.randmcnally.com/dock in the browser’s address bar.
- Therefore select one of them which is best suitable for your operating system.
- Finally, the download link is provided for your preferred operating system.
- Consequently, as per the available options, you need to click on “Save As” or “Save”. After that provide a designated location to save the downloaded file.
Installation for Rand McNally Dock
- After the download of Rand McNally Dock, the set up includes one more process which is installing. Therefore, install the download the file on your device –
- First of all, you need to locate the downloaded setup file on your device.
- Consequently, for doing this step, look at the default download location of your device. Also, it is possible you can be named as Downloads Folder. Therefore, to open the folder click on the File icon from the Taskbar located at the bottom of your device screen. Hence, find the Downloads Folder under the Favourites tab. After that click on the Download Folder. You can search the downloaded Rand McNally Dock setup file.
- Also, Mac users need to click the “Finder” icon in the “Dock” i.e. at the very bottom of your system to access the Downloads Folder. You possibly can access the file from your preferred download location that you have set for saving it.
- As a result, for installing the application you will get a pop-up box that seeks to validate the compatibility for your system. Therefore, click Run.
- After that, an installer will open on your device screen which says “Welcome to Rand McNally Setup Wizards”.
- Alternatively, you need to click on “Next” to proceed.
- You will be prompted with the “Software License Agreement”. Click on the “I Agree” button and tap Next.
- Also, make sure that you don’t click on the “I Do Not Agree” button. Because it can terminate the installation process. Hence, be careful in selecting the correct option. And click on Next.
- Consequently, continue the process by following the on-screen instructions to end the process.
- Finally, click on “Install” for the Rand McNally Dock setup.
- Also, to complete the process properly wait patiently.
- Now, click on “Finish” to exit the installer and finally Restart your computer.