Netgear WiFi range extenders are the first choice of users. With its advance improved technology and then powerful capability to connect more than 8 devices, this company range extenders are used all over the world be it homes or workplaces. But at times, some issues occur with users during the Netgear EX6150 setup.
If you also have a question in mind that how to set up Netgear WiFi EX6150 extender, then you’ve jumped at the right article. All you need to do is follow a few easy-to-execute steps listed below and get the process done within a matter of minutes. Let’s take the plunge!
Steps for Netgear EX6150 WiFi Range Extender Setup
Step 1: Connect your existing WiFi router to the EX6150 wirelessly or using an Ethernet connection.
Step 2: Plug in both EX6150 extender and the router to a power outlet and turn them on.
Step 3: Launch any web browser of your choice on your laptop, computer, iPhone, iPad or tablet.
Step 4: Once done, enter mywifiext.local or mywifiext net into the browser’s web address bar. To avoid login issues, it is advised, do not enter the web address into the search bar of the internet browser.
Step 5: Press the Enter key, and this might redirect you to Netgear extender login page.
Step 6: Now, enter the default Netgear extender login credentials.
Step 7: Hit on Log In or OK and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the Netgear extender setup process with ease.
Step 8: That’s it! You can now connect your wired and wireless devices to the Netgear EX6150 range extender and start enjoying internet without any hassle.
We hope that now you would easily be able to set up your Netgear EX6150 extender. Moving further, let us now get familiar with the working and usage of Netgear EX6150 extender. Read On!
How Does Netgear EX6150 Range Extender Work?
Netgear EX6150 WiFi range extender is one of the best devices used worldwide. If you want the WiFi signals to cover the blind spots then EX6150 is a superior choice. Netgear EX6150 extender receives signals from your existing WiFi router, modem, or gateway and then transmits in every corner of your home. In order to ensure that the extender works flawlessly without bothering you, it is recommended to place it in the area where it can multiply the internet range of your existing WiFi router.
It is very easy to set up and install Netgear EX6150 extender. But, there are certain tips that need to be consider prior using the device. Let’s have a look.
- Ensure that your EX6150 extender is getting adequate amount of power supply.
- Use an updated web browser to access mywifiext net login page without any hassle.
- It is advised – do not use any damaged Ethernet cable for the wired connections.
- Make sure that you are not connected to any open WiFi while connecting your devices to the extender wirelessly.
- Thoroughly check whether the Netgear extender firmware is up-to-date or not. If not, get it now by visiting the Netgear’s official site.
- If the web address mywifiext.local or mywifiext net is not working, try to configure the device using 192.168.1.250.
- Use the correct admin details. In case you forget them, try resetting your EX6150 extender back to the factory default settings.
The Bottom Line
Following the aforementioned steps in the exact order will take your experience with the Netgear WiFi extender to the next level. Moreover, if you need assistance while performing the Netgear extender setup process or updating its firmware, it is suggested – do not create a mess. Instead of banging your head, contact our experts to get a fix for the issues you are facing with your Netgear EX6150 range extender.