Netgear Nighthawk X4S (AC2200) tri-band WiFi range extender boosts your existing home’s WiFi network so that you can enjoy high-speed internet connectivity everywhere in your home.
Despite the fact that unlike other WiFi range extenders, Nighthawk X4S (AC2200) keeps the same WiFi name (SSID) and the password (passphrase/passcode) already exists. So, after the Netgear extender setup process, you’ll enjoy uninterrupted WiFi like never before.
Its tri-band WiFi with FastLane3 Technology provides you continuous internet speed and range without bandwidth drop.
So, with Netgear Nighthawk X4S (AC2200) you can enjoy the benefit of connecting the range extender to your existing WiFi router and other devices (wired or wireless) in your home with the dedicated 5GHz band without affecting the bandwidth of your range extender.
Conversely, the Netgear Nighthawk X4S creates a seamless WiFi network throughout your home by using the same SSID as your main WiFi router.
Your WiFi-enabled devices like smartphones,iPhones, computers, and laptops will remain connected to the same WiFi network name as you move around your house.
Similarly, other extenders for the setup and installation process of Netgear wireless range extender creates a separate WiFi network name (SSID) than the existing router’s WiFi, causing disconnect and reconnect of the network again and again.
Its smart roaming technology.
As a matter of fact, the ‘Smart Roaming’ intelligently connects your mobile devices to the optimal WiFi for 4K video streaming, internet surfing, online gaming, and more. So, you can now enjoy uninterrupted live streaming on YouTube or Netflix without any signal breakage.
Note: The Smart Roaming technology is only designed for devices that support 802.11k standard.
Works Easily With Your Existing WiFi Router Without Any Issue
If you are not getting enough WiFi from your ISP (Internet Service Provider) equipment, then connect it with the Nighthawk X4S extender to double your internet speed. But make sure that your existing router’s firmware is up-to-date.
Netgear Extender Setup: Connect your range extender and existing WiFi router with each other.
- First of all, make sure that both your devices (router and the range extender) are plugged within the range and reach of each other.
- Open the WiFi connection manager on your computer or laptop and connect to the extender’s WiFi network NETGEAR_EXT (default).
- Launch a web browser onto your connected device.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar. In case you cannot open mywifiext.net, then 192.168.1.250 instead. Also, ensure that there aren’t any typos in the URL and you are not tying it into the browser’s search bar.
Netgear Genie setup page displays.
Follow the on-screen instructions – setup your device in a hassle-free way and give your wired and wireless devices a boost.
For complete new extender setup tips, dial a toll-free number 1-877-425-5462 and ask us for Netgear support.
You can also use the WPS Method to set up your device.
The WPS method lets you join a secure WiFi network without typing the SSID and password.
To use WiFi-Protected Setup to connect your range extender to the existing WiFi router:
- Press the WPS button on your extender.
The WPS LED will blink.
- Within 3-4 minutes, press the WPS button on your main router as well.
When your Netgear Nighthawk X4S (AC2200) connects to your WiFi network, the WPS LED on your Netgear device lights solid blue.
- If the Router Link LED illuminates the blue color, then it means that the connection between the router and extender is pretty good.
- And in case the Router Link LED lights solid red, then you have to move your Netgear extender closer to the existing WiFi router and try again after some time.
- Moreover, if your WiFi router supports the 2.4 GHz band, the Nighthawk X4S (AC2200) connects to the router’s 2.4 GHz band.
- And if your router supports the 5 GHz band, the Nighthawk X4S (AC2200) connects to the router’s 5 GHz band.
- Moreover, if your router supports both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band, the Nighthawk X4S (AC2200) connects to your router’s 5 GHz band, the repeat the Steps 1 and 2.
- Unplug the Nighthawk X4S (AC2200).
- Place it to a new location.
Note: To see whether or range extender is working fine or not, try accessing mywifiext (for Windows PC) again. If you wanna connect your iPhone, iPad, or MAC device to the range extender, then mywifiext.net local would be the web address.