According to traditional Hindu astrology which is also called Vedic astrology, there are nine planets and they have a different role in our life. Here we are talking about Rahu. Rahu plays a very important role in everybody’s life. It has a huge impact on different horoscopes. Rahu actually is a shadow planet. The deity of Rahu is Lord Varaha. Every planet has its good or bad effect on the different horoscope, Rahu also has. It has been stated by famous astrologer Shri K. N. Rao that “Rahu who is the cause of eclipse also brings some eclipses in one’s life.” Here we are discussing all the effects of Rahu in one’s life in different position of a Horoscope –
• When Rahu is alone and not aspected by any other planet it will give its results according to its own dispositor.
• When Rahu is conjoined with some other planets, it will eclipse them.
• The aspects or association of Rahu with malefics is disastrous. When Rahu is with Mars, it gives violence.
• Aspected by or associated with benefic planets gives the benefic results.
• Aspected or associated with Yoga Karaka it acts as Yoga Karaka. Rahu creates huge obsession in one’s life to the extent that if someone chooses the right path it will give the best results and in contrary choosing the wrong track may lead to downfall.
• If Rahu aspects on Moon it leads to neurosis.
• “Rahu give raj Yoga in his Dasha and Bhukti if it is placed in 10th, 11th, 4th or 5th house” – Bhava Rattan.
• Rahu gives Raj Yoga and much fame in his Dasha if he is in Kendra or Trikona.”
• Rahu with Sun and Saturn in 3rd house; Rahu gives courage and fortune in his Dasha.
• During Dasha of Rahu in one’s life, he becomes timid if Mercury is in 3rd house.
• Of the several planets conjunct or aspected by Rahu, Strongest gives the result of its signification.
• Rahu in the 3rd house gives excellent results, but in Cancer, it is bad for material prosperity.
• When Rahu is in the 5th house, it gives inborn power, hypocrisy, diplomacy, and sharpness.
• According to Bhavarth Ratnakar with Rahu in the 5th native knows the inner meaning of things.
• When Rahu is in the house of Jupiter aspected by Jupiter is always gives good results.
• Mars and Rahu in the 6th house give wealth.
• Rahu can give extraordinary Yoga for rich political life.
• Though Rahu is a shadowy planet and planet of disguise and shadows is prominent in the horoscopes of actors.
• Moon and Rahu in Lagna and malefics in 5th and 9th houses give rise to Paysage Yoga, which makes others suffer. To ward off evils of Rahu Goddess Durga is worshiped. Some recommend prayers to Lord Shiva.
Sign of Exaltation & Debilitation of Rahu/ Aspects of Rahu/Motion of Rahu
According to Rishi Parashara, Rahu’s sign of exaltation is Taurus, others consider it to be Gemini. Debilitation sign would be therefore Scorpio and Sagittarius. Writers have their different opinion about the aspects of Rahu. Some say that Rahu has 5th, 7th, 9th and 12th house aspects. Some take only 5th and 7th. Rahu has always retrograde motion. Rahu stays in one sign for 18 months approximately
Results of Rahu in various Houses
Rahu in the 1st house
Characteristics of this combination are unfaithful to wife, unreliable in money matters, perform Villain in drama and stage. Rahu preferable in Aries, Taurus, and Virgo Ascendant person is tall. During the Dasha of Rahu, one should be careful about wife/partner. This combination has a big influence on the mental affliction. The aspect of Rahu on Moon and Mercury are not desirable. Leads to unsound mind and hysteria.
Rahu in the 2nd house
Characteristics of this person who born in this house is good in Meena or Pisces, short temper, pure mind. Domestic life is not happy. Malefic s in the 2nd house destroy wealth. If there is Rahu aspected by malefic. There is a tendency to cheat and make money illegally.
Rahu in the 3rd house
The native who born in this combination is praised as gives stamina and self-control. Aspected by malefics destroys siblings. The combination gives courage and is very good for extra-curricular activities and sports.
Rahu in the 4th house
The native behaves like a Kendra lord from very well to ordinary if other promises exit. He may have bad-fortune, maybe no children, not happy, and no harmony in marriage. The native may live in a place far from home or a foreign place.
Rahu in the 5th house
This combination is as such hinders the development of luck. With benefics or in benefic Rashi or with Raj Yoga planets produce Raj Yoga. It can give rare insight.
Rahu in the 6th house
Rahu in 6th house gives its native injury by animal means the cause of the accident. Saturn Rahu in the 6th house is a dangerous combination.
Rahu in the 7th house
It is not a good position, company of persons of loose morals, life with wife miserable. If the 7th house is Libra or Taurus can make money through gambling, speculation, and races. Many astrologers consider the position very bad for marriage and reject the chart.
Rahu in the 8th house
This combination is good for finance, a gain of wealth from Government, sometimes wealth is lost, if afflicted. It provides the honour, fame from ruler, noble deeds. This native may happy in old age.
Rahu in the 9th house
The person is a scholar, virtuous, impressive in speech, cultured, and humane. The native shows faith in others’ religion than his own.
Rahu in the 10th house
This combination produces Raj Yoga in his Mahadasha. Conjunction with Sun gives financial trouble. A debilitated 9th or 10th lord under Rahu gives enigmatic character from deceptive to a cheating person.
Rahu in the 11th house
The native is kind and handsome, lives in foreign, may not have a son or happiness from son, have much money.
Rahu in the 12th house
The person is religious, his wife and children desert him, live in a foreign country.
About the Author
Mohini Bhardwaj has a rich experience of around 16 years in this field with Jyotish Acharya degree in Vedic Astrology from India’s premier institute, Bharti Vidya Bhavan. She is an Astrologer and Vastu Expert at Raghauv Astrology. She provides astrology and horoscope reading services both Online and Offline. Some of the services are as follows