Skill Regional Visa Subclass 489 is a state-sponsored visa for all those skilled workers who are willing to live in a low population area of Australia.
There is a test conducted first to be eligible for this visa and candidates need to score 65 marks on the point test. This visa is valid for four years, and the candidate needs to stay in a specified regional area. Candidate can add eligible family members too in the same application.
Eligibility Criteria for Visa Subclass 489 are:-
Under this visa candidate is invited by invitation only so to get invitation candidate must :
- Have experience in the nominated occupation or Australia’s skilled occupation list.
- Have an age of more than 18 years and less than 50 years
- Have experience in competent English.
- Have skills assessment with the relevant assessing authority for a particular occupation he/she applying for.
- Meet health and character requirements to get a skilled regional provisional visa subclass 489 visas.
Family To Be included:-
Candidate can add following family members to their visa application:-
- Candidate Partner
- Candidate dependent child
- Candidate or its partner dependent relative.
- Procedure for state or territories government-sponsored visa
The nomination of any candidate based on its skillset and work experience.
The below-given states participate in skill nomination through a sponsorship scheme.
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Entitlements associated with Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored Provisional (Subclass 489):-
- Candidate can live and work for four years in designated regional areas.
- Candidate can study in the specified regional area freely.
- Candidate can visit in or out until skilled regional provisional visa subclass 489 visa is valid.
- After meeting certain conditions or after two years candidate can apply for permanent residency for Australia.
If you are not sponsored by the state, you can also be sponsored by family members who are already staying in Australia.
Eligible family members who can sponsor you are as follows:-
The sponsor must be 18 years of age and must be a citizen of Australia.
The sponsor should be eligible New Zealand citizen
Your relation with the sponsor should be defined as below given relations:-
- a child – including a stepchild, or
- a parent – including a step-parent, or
- a brother or sister – including adoptive or step-sibling, or
- a niece or nephew – including adoptive or step-niece or nephew, or
- an aunt or uncle – including adoptive or step-aunt or uncle, or
- a grandparent or first cousin.
Hope, this article will help you in solving your doubt related to skill regional provisional visa subclass 489. You should always consult a migration agent Adelaide as they are reliable persons who know how to handle your problems related to visas and also make your visa journey hassle-free.