Interior designing, simply put, is the rearrangement of furniture and decorations of one’s home to make it more aesthetically pleasing. Urbanisation has led to the shrinkage of our home spaces, our working spaces, and therefore, interior design has become significant in this context. Changing mindsets in recent times has made interior designing a viable career option. There are numerous interior design institutes along with fashion designing institutes in Delhi. Interior design courses have become immensely popular with aspiring candidates searching for the perfect institute to apply for. Aspiring interior designers need to pursue either a Bachelor’s in Interior Designing or a bachelor’s in design followed by a diploma course in interior design. The top five colleges that offer interior design courses in Delhi are as follows:
1. Pearl Academy: Pearl Academy is a globally renowned institution of higher learning and offers undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses in fashion, design, media and business. Despite being best known for its fashion designing courses in Delhi, Pearl Academy also has a school of design that offers specialised programs in Spatial Design, Product Design and Communication Design. It’s interior design courses includes a four-year undergraduate diploma course in Interior and Spatial Design, a two-year postgraduate pathway in Interior Design and styling and a one-year professional certificate course in Interior Styling and Decoration. It remains one of the best interior design colleges in Delhi because of the delightful experience that it provides to its students along with their commitment to excellence and all-round development of their students.
2. IILM: IILM, since it’s inception in 1993, has focused on liberal education. Their five campuses located in New Delhi, Jaipur, Gurgaon, Greater Noida and Lucknow, offer varied programs in Management, Design, Technology, and Liberal Arts. Their aim to provide for the holistic development of the students studying in their campuses is realised due to the inclusive approach adopted by them. Their courses include four-year undergraduate degrees in Fashion Design and Interior Design along with postgraduate masters in design in the same fields.
3. Indian Institute of Art and Design (IIAD): The IIAD is another leading institute in interior design in Delhi. With their emphasis on an interactive learning methodology, they seek to nurture the design skills of their students. IIAD offers a Bachelor of Arts Honors course in Interior Architecture and Design. This design degree program strives to build a compatible middle ground between architecture and interior design with graduates capable of developing creative solutions.
4. International School of Design: Due to their focus on integrated learning, the International School of Design (ISID) is a pioneer in design education. Founded by industry leaders and educationalists, this institute offers a four-year undergraduate bachelors in design along with a three-year bachelor course in this field. Their master programmes include a two-year course in Masters in Design and MBA.
5. JD Institute of Fashion Technology: With their emergence in 1988, the JD Institute of Fashion Technology offers courses in various disciplines like fashion, interior, visual merchandising and fashion marketing. Their belief in a global approach is the reason behind the success of their undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma interior design courses in Delhi.