When you would like to remain in China for any time period you will initially need to take care of a few formalities. One of these formalities is applying for a visa for China.

What is a visa for China?

The CVASC explains it as the following:

“Chinese visa is a permit issued by authorities of China in accordance with the regulations and laws of China into a foreign citizen for entry into, exit from or transit through the land of China.”

So to summarize, it is basically permit which is issued by manufactured police, with which you can legally venture into, depart from or transit through China. It is needed for you to have a Chinese visa if you would like to visit China. If you do not have a the document on your passport you will be stopped by customs and will not be allowed to pass through.

Just how can I get it?

First you will have to decide what sort of visa you’ll be needing, since there are several distinct kinds of visa’s you are able to apply for. So decide for what purpose you’ll be likely to China and in the list below, learn what type of visa applies to you personally.

-Tourist and family visit visa is issued to a foreign citizen that comes to China for tourist purposes, family visit or other personal affairs.

-Company Visa is issued to a foreign citizen who is invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, exchanges in the fields of mathematics, technology, education, culture and sports, or even attending a variety of sorts of trade fairs or exhibitions, or short-term analysis, intern practice for a period of less than 6 months.

-Student Visa is issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China for the purpose of research or advanced study for a period of six or more months.

-Work Visa is issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China to work and his or her accompanying family members, or to offer commercial performances in China.

-Transit Visa is issued to a foreign citizen who is to transport through China on their way into a third country (or area ).

-Crew Visa is issued to crew member performing his/her responsibilities on board an international train, or on an global airline, to some sailor on board an global ocean-liner or freighter, and in addition for their accompanying relatives.

-Journalist Visa is issued to foreign journalists. J-visa has two categories: J-1 and J-2. J-1 is issued to resident foreign journalists in China and their accompanying spouses and under-age kids, J-2 to foreign journalists who see China for temporary news coverage.

-Permanent Residence Visa is issued to a foreign citizen that has been accepted by China’s public security authority to live in China permanently.

If you’re in doubt on the type of visa you require, you can get in touch with your regional china visa authority for help.

A brief example: Let’s say you’re a student and want to research in Beijing, China for 20 months (5 months). Can you apply for a Student visa? No, because you’ll simply be staying there for 5 months you will make an application for a Business visa. So as to qualify for a student visa you need to stay for a period fo 6 weeks or longer.

Visit here:- https://ivc-services.com/china-visa-application-embassy-singapore/