Sweden is a Nordic country located in Northern Europe with the population of over 9.5 million. The country is well-known for its natural beauty, breath taking scenery, strong student community and world-class quality of education.
Universities in Sweden lay a strong emphasis on group projects, critical thinking that prepares them to take the world head-on. The country presently has over 35,000 international students pursuing their higher education in the Swedish universities that are spread across the cities like Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmo, Lund, Jonkoping, Karlstad, and Halmstad. Although the official language of the country is Swedish, there are a good number of universities that teach majority of the programs in English.
Study Abroad aspirants planning to pursue their masters overseas can consider Sweden as there are hundreds of programs available at an affordable cost of education as compared to that of other study abroad destinations like USA, Australia and UK etc.
Do it Swedish Way!
In this blog, let us know about are the popular programs, eligibility requirements, tuition fees, universities and internship opportunities, etc for pursuing a Masters in Sweden.
Some of the Swedish universities are as ancient as 500 years old and as modern as 30 years old. These universities have created noble laureates and have done some remarkable research in the filed of renewable energy. Swedish higher education system is renowned for its quality and academic excellence. Study abroad aspirants willing to pursue masters can consider applying at the following universities. Refer below for the list of universities in Sweden for international students.
1. Uppsala University, Uppsala
2. Linnaeus University, Växjö
3. University of Skovde, Skovde
4. Halmstad University, Halmstad
5. Jonkoping University, Jonkoping
6. Dalarna University, Falun
7. Kristianstad University, Kristianstad
Also Read: Study in USA after 12th for Indian Students
2. Popular programs at Masters-level
From engineering, management to finance and science, Swedish Universities offer a variety of courses at masters level. International students can choose from a poll of the courses as per their eligibility and interests. Some of the popular courses at Swedish Universities are as follows:
- Engineering Management
- Industrial Management
- International Logistics and Supply Chain
- Solar Energy Engineering
- Renewable Energy Production
- Sustainable Management
- International Financial Analysis
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Sciences
- Business and Management
3. Eligibility criteria for masters-level programIn order to pursue a master's degree in a Swedish university, international students are required to meet a certain eligibility criterion. A student must have successfully completed 16 years of education with a minimum of 65%. The IELTS requirement for a master's program is 6.5 with no band less than 6.0. Students opting for business management, entrepreneurship, accounting, and financial management programs may be required to appear for the GMAT program. 4. Cost of education for masters Tuition fees of the Universities in Sweden are quite affordable as compared to that of other studies abroad destinations like the USA, Australia, and the UK. An average tuition fees of a masters degree is around SEK 8,70,000 to SEK 1,45,000 i.e., around INR 6,96,000 to INR 11,60,000 per year. 5. Ample of internship opportunities Multinational companies like Volvo, Oriflame, Skype, IKEA, AstraZeneca, Koenigsegg, Electrolux, and Ericsson have their offices in Sweden and international students can work at these multinationals after successful completion of their master's degree.